The Onshore Shale Gas Community and Business Reference Group provides direct feedback and advice to the Hydraulic Fracturing Inquiry Implementation Taskforce in the Department of the Chief Minister. The Reference Group is essential to ensure stakeholders have oversight and input into the development of the implementation framework and its subsequent execution.
The purpose of the Reference Group is to provide:
- advice on the implementation framework and its subsequent execution to ensure that the framework aligns with community and industry expectations;
- a forum to share information and provide opportunities for cooperation, and collaboration with stakeholders and the community; and
- a medium through which stakeholders can communicate their views about the implementation framework and its subsequent execution directly to the Government.
Reference Group members bring a diversity of skills from the community, environmental groups, local business, the gas industry and local Government.
View the Terms of Reference .
The members are:
- Mr Denys Stedman (Chair) – Buy Local Advocate
- Mr Jimmy Cocking – Director, Arid Lands Environment Centre
- Mr Matt Doman – Director, SA and NT, Australian Petroleum Production and Exploration Association
- Ms Julie-Ann Stoll – Manager – Mining, Central Land Council
- Mr Greg Bicknell – Chief Executive Officer, Chamber of Commerce
- Ms Gillian Duggin – Principal Lawyer and Executive Officer, Environmental Defenders Office
- Mr Geoff Crowhurst – Chair, Katherine Mining Services Association
- Mayor Fay Miller – Mayor, Katherine Town Council
- Prof Alan Cass – Director, Menzies School of Health Research
- Mr Michael Bridge – Chairman, Tourism NT
- Mr Joe Morrison – Chief Executive Officer, Northern Land Council
- Mr Greg Owens – Chief Executive Officer, NT Farmers
- Mr David Ciaravolo –Executive Officer, Amateur Fisherman’s Association of the NT
- Mr Damian Hale – Organiser, Australian Workers Union
- Mr Tom Stockwell – former President of the Northern Territory Cattlemen's Association
- Mr Bobby Nunggumajbarr – Chairman, Yugul Mangi Development Aboriginal Corporation
- Mrs Katherine Warby – Barkly Pastoralist and Business Owner
Implementation of the recommendations requires careful management and coordination. In addition to the establishment of the Reference Group, future engagement opportunities will be scheduled across the Territory, in accordance with Government’s commitment to engage widely with Territorians.
Send and email to CBreference.Group@nt.gov.au.
The next Onshore Shale Gas Community and Business Reference Group meeting is scheduled for May 2019.