25% Complete. Government approval of policy/process development.
That the Government works with stakeholders and gas companies to ensure that there is early knowledge of the labour and skills required for all phases of any onshore shale gas development in order to maximise local employment.
To be completed by end December 2020.
Action item update
Gas Service and Supply Plan launched on 5 March 2020 to increase local participation to at least 50 per cent by 2025
- Aboriginal Business Capability in the Beetaloo Corridor published by ICN NT in May 2020
- NT Onshore Gas Support Industry – Statement of Capacity published by ICN NT in March 2020:
- Pathways to Employment study commenced by CDU with anticipated completion December 2020
- Onshore Gas Supply Chain Working Group established with inaugural meeting on 16 July 2020, with members including NTG, Santos, Origin Energy, Armour Energy, Empire Energy, Pangaea and Central Petroleum.
- Gas Industry Reference Group of peak bodies met 27 October
- October Business Month, Tennant Creek — address by Gas Taskforce Chair
- Big Rivers Regional Reconstruction Committee — address by Gas Taskforce Chair.