Changes to the Regulation of the NTs Onshore Petroleum Industry
Extensive changes have been made to the regulation of the Northern Territory’s onshore petroleum industry in that past year, in line with recommendations from the Scientific Inquiry into Hydraulic Fracturing in the Northern Territory. Read about the regulatory changes here
Implementation and progress
A plan for implementing the recommendations from the Final Report of The Scientific Inquiry into Hydraulic Fracturing (Final Report) was released on 17 July 2018.
The focus of the Implementation Plan is to strengthen regulation, ensure industry is accountable for its practices, safeguard water and the environment, respect community and culture, maximise the benefits and opportunities available to local businesses and communities, and ensure planning for future.
- Community Bulletin #23 - CSIRO GISERA release report — 17 Jun 2019
- Community Bulletin #22 - Code of Practice Released — 13 Jun 2019
- Community Bulletin #21 - Onshore Shale Gas Community and Business Reference Group tenure extended by Chief Minister — 31 May 2019
- Community Bulletin #20 - Changes to the Regulation of the Northern Territory’s Onshore Gas Industry — 29 May 2019
- Community Bulletin #19 - Public consultation now open on No Go Zones for onshore gas — 24 May 2019