75% Complete. Government approval of policy/process development.
That the Government ensures that training providers and gas companies collaborate so that skill requirements are clearly understood by training providers, and that trainees acquire appropriate skills.
To be completed by end December 2021.
Action item update
Gas Service and Supply Plan launched on 5 March 2020 to increase local participation to at least 50 per cent by 2025.
- Aboriginal Economic Development Strategy for the Beetaloo — a study by CDU on behalf of the Federal Department of Infrastructure, Transport, Regional Development and Communications.
- Barkly Futures Forum held February 2021 — forum to identify development opportunities in the Barkly region (including onshore gas service and supply in the Beetaloo Basin).
- Juno Jobs – pathways to apprenticeships and traineeships; working model developed for community consultation as a pilot program specific to the Barkly region
- Recruitment of a Juno Jobs Project Coordinator to roll out the Juno Model.
- Regional Workforce Strategy, including:
- Establishment of Regional Workforce Strategy Working Group, and
- Development of a data-based Barkly Jobs Profile.
- Establishment of Barkly Business Hub in Tennant Creek
- NT Indigenous Business Network engaged to facilitate opportunities for Indigenous businesses