Action item 13.5
Consultation undertaken on draft policy, guideline, framework, Bill development.
That the Government works with gas companies, training providers, Land Councils, local government, and local communities in the setting of local employment targets, including local employment targets for Aboriginal people.
To be completed by end June 2022.
Action item update
Implementation of the Gas Service and Supply Plan that was launched on 5 March 2020 to increase local participation in the gas industry.
Onshore Gas Supply Chain Working Group established to coordinate industry efforts to maximise regional benefits and local opportunities. Members include NT Government, Santos, Origin Energy, Armour Energy, Empire Energy, Tamboran Resources, Central Petroleum, Australian Petroleum and Production Exploration Association (APPEA) and ICN NT.
In consultation with stakeholders NT Government to work with industry in the setting of employment targets at agreed phases of onshore development. This to be done through the Onshore Supply Chain Working Group and noting the following policies and requirements:
- Gas company employment needs and local employment skill capabilities.
- Beetaloo Aboriginal Economic Development Strategy.
- Barkly Regional Workforce Strategy.
- Barkly Economic Growth Strategy.
- NT Government Aboriginal Procurement Policy as part of the overarching Aboriginal Contracting Framework.