75% Complete. Government approval of policy/process development.
That the Government works with gas companies and local suppliers to ensure that there is early knowledge of local supply and service opportunities for all phases of any onshore shale gas development.
To be completed by end December 2021.
Action item update
Gas Service and Supply Plan launched on 5 March 2020 to increase local participation to at least 50 per cent by 2025.
Onshore Gas Supply Chain Working Group established to coordinate industry efforts to maximise regional benefits and local opportunities. Meetings ongoing with a focus on industry to strengthen self-reporting on NT contract spend and proportion of local content. Members include NT Government, Santos, Origin Energy, Armour Energy, Empire Energy, Pangaea and Central Petroleum.
- Barkly Futures Forum held February 2021 — forum to identify development opportunities in the Barkly region (including onshore gas service and supply in the Beetaloo Basin).
- Juno Jobs – pathways to apprenticeships and traineeships; working model developed for community consultation as a pilot program specific to the Barkly region.
- Recruitment of a Juno Jobs Project Coordinator to roll out the Juno Model.
- Regional Workforce Strategy, including:
- Establishment of Regional Workforce Strategy Working Group;
- Development of a data-based Barkly Jobs Profile; and
- Establishment of Barkly Business Hub in Tennant Creek.
- NT Indigenous Business Network engaged to facilitate opportunities for Indigenous businesses.
- Territory Economic Reconstruction Commission (TERC):
- As per TERC initiatives, development of Aboriginal Procurement Policy as part of the overarching Aboriginal Contracting Framework.