Government approval of policy/process development.
That the Government works with gas companies and local suppliers (regional and Territory wide) to identify immediate supply opportunities and to facilitate future potential supply opportunities. This should be done in consultation with the ICN-NT and the Chamber of Commerce.
To be completed by end December 2020.
Action item update
Gas Service and Supply Plan launched on 5 March 2020 to increase local participation to at least 50 per cent by 2025
- Aboriginal Business Capability in the Beetaloo Corridor published by ICN NT in May 2020
- NT Onshore Gas Support Industry – Statement of Capacity published by ICN NT in March 2020
- Pathways to Employment study commenced by CDU with anticipated completion December 2020
- Onshore Gas Supply Chain Working Group established with inaugural meeting on 16 July 2020, with members including NTG, Santos, Origin Energy, Armour Energy, Empire Energy, Pangaea and Central Petroleum.
- Gas Industry Reference Group of peak bodies met 27 October
- October Business Month, Tennant Creek — address by Gas Taskforce Chair
- Big Rivers Regional Reconstruction Committee — address by Gas Taskforce Chair
- ICN NT address to the Onshore Supply Chain Working Group