Action item 13.9
Consultation undertaken on draft policy, guideline, framework, Bill development.
That the Government assists regional businesses to obtain quality assurance certification and to partner with larger suppliers to encourage greater local supply, employment and knowledge transfer.
To be completed by end June 2022.
Action item update
Implementation of the Gas Service and Supply Plan that was launched on 5 March 2020 to increase local participation in the gas industry.
Onshore Gas Supply Chain Working Group established to coordinate industry efforts to maximise regional benefits and local opportunities. Members include NTG, Santos, Origin Energy, Armour Energy, Empire Energy, Tamboran Resources, Central Petroleum, Australian Petroleum and Production Exploration Association (APPEA) and ICN NT.
Informed by publications:
- Aboriginal Business Capability in the Beetaloo Corridor published by ICN NT in May 2020
- NT Onshore Gas Support Industry – Statement of Capacity published by ICN NT in March 2020
Greater awareness of quality assurance certification for local business through government initiatives such as:
- Business programs including:
- Development of a Barkly Business Hub in Tennant Creek due for completion in Q2 2022.
- Northern Territory Business Hub announced in March 2022 and to be delivered by Northern Territory Indigenous Network – with satellite offices across the Northern Territory.