Beetaloo Regional Reference Group - Meeting four Communique
Issued 26 Nov 2021
Date: Tuesday, 16 November 2021
Attendees: nominated representatives of Northern Land Council, Sturt Plateau Best Practice Group, Barkly Regional Council, NT Farmers Association, Department of Environment, Parks and Water Security (DEPWS) staff, and Department of Chief Minister staff.
Apologies: Sunrise Health, Territory Resource Services Association, Territory Natural Resource Management, Katherine Town Council and Roper Gulf Regional Council.
The Beetaloo Regional Reference Group (BRRG) is a consultative forum for community views regarding, and providing input into, the Strategic Regional Environmental and Baseline Assessment (SREBA) studies within the Beetaloo Region.
Presentations from SREBA study teams
- Social, cultural and economic studies
- Terrestrial ecosystems
- Methane and greenhouse gas studies
- Aquatic ecosystems.
Discussion on presentations
- Consultation should occur on the Data Management Strategy development and implementation. Dedicated meeting to be scheduled by the chair when a draft strategy is available.
- SCE workshops should be held in the region (Katherine at least). UQ to investigate options for this.
Progress and updates
- Draft environmental health scope of works currently under review by specialists from key organisations.
- Cancellation of face-to-face meetings will be replaced where possible by virtual, phone and email communication.
- Online SREBA update will be held on 30 November 2021. Recording of this update to be broken into segments and shared on the web.
- Meeting schedule for 2022 to be determined out of session.