Release of the second Hydraulic Fracturing Implementation Progress Report and Community and Business Reference Group Meeting 3 Agenda
Issued 04 Mar 2019
The second quarterly update on implementation is now available to view online. This second report provides detail on the status of implementation as at 31 December 2018. The staged approach to implementation of the recommendations is provided in a narrative format under the six reform areas listed in the Implementation Plan:
- Strengthening Regulation
- Ensuring Accountable Industry Practice
- Safeguarding Water and the Environment
- Respecting Community and Culture
- Maximising Regional Benefits and Local Opportunities
- Planning for Industry
To read the second quarterly report and updates on the implementation of all recommendations, please visit Hydraulic Fracturing Progress.
The Independent Officer overseeing the implementation of the recommendations, Dr David Ritchie, has provided comment on the progress of implementation of the recommendations outlined in the quarterly report.
The third Onshore Shale Gas Community and Business Reference Group (CBRG) meeting will be held in March 2019.
The meeting will include:
- Web Presentation by Marcellus Center for Outreach & Research, USA, about lessons from the industry development in the USA;
- Presentation by industry representatives about exploration plans for 2019; and
- Progress report on implementation of recommendations, detailed briefing and feedback on policy issues
The CBRG meets 4 times per year and includes representatives from the community, environmental groups, local business, the gas industry, land councils and local government.
The chair of the CBRG can be contacted via email at Cbreference.email@example.com
A copy of the communique for the third CBRG meeting will be available online following the meeting. Read the communiques of previous meetings here
To read more about the legislative changes that have been progressed to date, please visit Community Bulletin 12